So here we are again. The end of another year. 2012 has just a few hours left and I am at home in p.j's and in the bed;). I am actually surprised that I am still up! Ha! New Year's Eve is NOT my favorite holiday! When you are a mommy to three little ones, sleep is MUCH more important;).
I wanted to write just one more post this year just so I can remember a few significant things that happened.
1. There were some major news makers that occurred this year. We celebrated the summer Olympics in London, found out a royal baby is on the way, voted in a presidential election, witnessed the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, and of course most recently learned of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting.
2. This year our church promoted Year of the Bible and encouraged everyone to read through the entire Bible. I took the challenge and today I read the last few chapters in Revelation! I made it!
Matt and I also made the switch from our church's main campus to their north campus location. We are so excited about where the Lord is leading us. We joined a new Sunday school class and are anxious to get plugged in and find a place to serve!
3. We didn't do much traveling this year. We did make it back to Surfside Beach for our 23rd year and also visited the mountains in Boone, NC for a weekend back in the fall.
4. Back in March I turned 30! Sometimes it is hard to believe that I am 30 now! I definitely don't feel like it though;)
5. This past May Matt and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary.
We have had a great year and look forward to all that the Lord is going to do through us this coming year! I am thankful for a husband that loves the Lord, loves me, and is totally crazy about his three kiddos:)!
6. Speaking of kids...This past May we added this sweet baby boy to our family!
May 7th Parker James was born!
Oh my goodness! I LOVE this boy so so so much! We call him our "Meatball". Ha! He is the perfect fit for our family and we are so blessed! We love watching him grow and change each month!
We love you Parker!
7. Jake turned 4 this year!
He is still my little stinker;), but I love him so much! He is really starting to use his imagination and loves to play on the computer and watch Curious George. He went to Superhero camp and Pirate camp back in the summer. He started preschool this year and LOVES it! It has been so good for him! You think the WORLD of your Daddy and want to do everything with him! You make us so proud, Jake!
We love you!
8. Brooklyn turned 2 and became a big Sissy!
She is the light of my life and is such a sweet girl! She loves to play babies, Barbies, and princesses but will also play soccer, baseball and ride Jake's scooter;). You love to read books and are a mommy's girl for sure;)!
9. This year Matt made a complete career change (actually just a few weeks ago). As we look back we see God's hand in it all along, but we waited patiently for the right time to make a move. We are excited to see how things will unfold in the new year! We always saw God provide for us through real estate, but are now thankful for a bit more stable paycheck for sure;)!
10. We did lots of fun family things this year.
We went to ImaginOn, did LOTS of swimming, bounced in our bounce house, went to Monkey Joe's and Romp n Roll, picked strawberries and apples, had playdates with friends and our cousins, and learned how to be a family of five;)!
Our family is thankful for a blessed 2012 and is looking forward to what is ahead in 2013!
Happy New Year!